Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Stop Frame Reflection Essay

These last couple of weeks me and my partner Elizabeth, have been working on a project for Mr. B’s Social Studies class. Our job was to use materials to make scenes of Jacques Cartier’s life. We were to take pictures of about seven different scenes and put them on the computer to make a movie with I-movie. Then we had to add audio and titles to the movie and finally put the movie on YouTube. It was difficult at times, but most of the time I was having fun. I learned some things about turning things in early, it really helps!
The most fun part about this project was playing with the clay. We got to make people, attempt to make boats, and we made all sorts of random things. We borrowed other people’s clay creatures and when we were done using them we got to destroy them! Liz and I got to use all colors and make out funny people. In one scene we borrowed Harrison and Austin’s people as our Indians and they attacked our people. That animation was the funniest. All you could see is our people getting tackled and our explorer running away! It’s my favorite animation.
The hardest part was putting the pictures on the computer and recording voice. Liz and I had to change four computers because each one had a problem. A couple couldn’t record voice and some wouldn’t let us change the time for the pictures. It was difficult and annoying at times. For each time we had to change the time on the pictures it took us forever. Sometimes the photos didn’t turn out so right and didn’t get on the server. So we had to go back to one of our other three computers and put them on the server. Liz and I were crammed with so much stuff the first week of this project that we got behind because of sports so we had to work extra hard and concentrate more.
Even though me and Liz came over to my house a couple times and stayed after school we still ended up turning in our project a day late. We learned that we need to prepare ourselves better. We knew we were going to be gone so we should have worked on the project more before we left so we wouldn’t be behind. We now know that we need to ask our teacher for help when we need it and if were gone we need to ask him what we missed. Liz and I will work hard on everything we do from now on and always turn things in on time. It was a good lesson learned.
This project overall was pretty fun. We got to learn how to use different soft wares on the computer and to work together as a team. It helped that Liz was one of my best friends because if I was partnered up with someone that wasn’t a good friend of mine I wouldn’t have done so well. I want to thank Liz for the great team work and Mr. B for helping us when we asked for it. Hopefully this project was one of the easiest projects we have, but if it isn’t I’am prepared.

6 comments:

Harrison said...

i liked your blog because it had a lot of good details

Harrison said...

hahahh nicee.. i saw my guy in there.. and mickey mouse =] OMG you didnt put my name in there!! uhh i see how it is

Mr. Bergquist said...

Include your YouTube animation and your reflection essay in the same Blog entry. :)

Mr. Bergquist said...

Put an extra space between each paragraph.

Lacy said...

I liked this because you gave a lot of detail about what was hard and what you had fun with while doing this project.

Austin said...

I liked your blog because it had my name in it and I liked the characters you used in the stop frame like mickey mouse